This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. We also ask you to give your express consent (by way of our opt-in boxes) to the uses of your data that are detailed in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Media Flip Limited, 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
We seek to comply fully with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the Electronic EU Regulations 2011 as well with EU GDPR regulations.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us - This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, personal financial information, financial information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you - With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser version, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), date and time you accessed the site, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser, device identifier and features, and/or your ISP or mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we honour your settings.
Examples of cookies that we may use:
Required or Essential Cookies:
(Examples: BIPS or login session cookies)
(Example: RTP Cookies - customising content)
Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customise the Sites accordingly.
- Social Media Cookies:
(Example: Facebook - using social media for behavioural advertising, analytics, advertising and market research)
Social media cookies collect information about social media usage.
- Analytics Cookies:
(Example of third party cookie: Google Analytics)
Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Sites, and enable us to improve the way it works or gather data on your interests on the Sites. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Sites, help us record any difficulties you have with the Sites, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. This allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Sites, rather than the usage of a single person. We use the information to analyse the Sites' traffic.
- Targeting or advertising cookies:
(Example of third party using targeting cookies: Google Analytics)
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To assist you in finding an approved Media Flip Limited third party partner (which may be an independent financial adviser), suitable to your needs and requirements.
- To carry out our obligations ourselves or through our sub-contractors (in which case we will remain responsible for ensuring that the subcontractor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations);arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
To notify you about changes to our service
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with carefully selected third parties from whom we may receive a commission including:
- Carefully selected financial product specialists and FCA regulated partners as follows:
True Medical Negligence Claims is a trading name of Finance Advice Helpline Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for regulated claims management services FRN:838876. Company No: 11285085 and is Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 10 Spectra House Ground Floor, Spectra House, Spring Villa Road, Edgware, England, HA8 7EB.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
Our business is to match your profile to third party companies that will have goods or services that will be of interest to you. It makes sense for us to ensure that you only receive offers that are relevant to you and fit within the context of your lifestyle and available purchasing power and this is what we do our best to achieve. For example, if you have provided your life insurance renewal data and have consented for third parties to contact you about one month before your renewal date, we will work with our third party partners to send you a life insurance quote tailored to your needs - thus saving you time researching the entire market.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Media Flip Limited is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retaining your data
We will retain personal data for as long as necessary. In some cases, we will have a legal or statutory obligation to retain information for a set period. For example, for accounting records.
If you ask us to delete your data then we may not be able to provide you with all of the services offered from this website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You also have the right to request us to amend your personal data so that it is correct and complete or to delete your personal data.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data that we store and we will provide it to you free of charge.